Phew, that's a lot of stuff!
Updated: Oct 28, 2019
We recently took a look back at the resources we've received and have been blessed to deliver to ministries & families in the last calendar year, both locally in San Antonio and in Piedras Negras. Most of the collecting, sorting and transporting is done by us - Jeff & Veronica - and we make the trip to Mexico at least once a month with our truck packed to the max.
Our two-car garage at home is filled with donations; although I'd love Veronica to be able to park her little car in our garage, it's impossible! Along with the storage rental in Eagle Pass and other nooks and crannies, we currently have stuff in 5 different places, and it's all blessing!
We are so grateful for the generosity of many. And we owe special thanks our dear friend Beverly Etzel and her team from Faith Community Church all the way in Bayou Vista, Texas. Beverly scouts out good deals on clothing, school supplies and Christmas gifts all year long and shares her finds with us!
Here's what we've distributed:
- 4 Pallets assorted snacks (cereals, granola bars, cookies, crackers, etc.)
- 3 Pallets Diapers, varying sizes
- 2 Pallets Gerber Baby Food
- 1 Pallet FEMA meals (approx. 250 meals)
- 1 Pallet toilet paper, 1/2 Pallet paper towels
- 4 full-size refrigerators, 3 floor model freezers
- 4 washing machines, 2 clothes dryers, several window-unit air conditioners
- 4 twin beds, 2 sets bunk beds, 2 double beds, 1 queen & 1 king-sized bed
- Approx. 200 Food Packs (20 lbs. ea. boxes of non-perishable food)
- Numerous baby strollers & car seats, wheelchairs, walkers
- Approx. 150 Christmas gift bags
- Approx. 80 new blankets
- Hundreds of pounds of clothing for all ages & sizes
- Pastors we serve have received several cases of Spanish bibles and bible tracts, concordances, commentaries, laptops, food, and clothing specifically selected for them and their families
Praise God from whom ALL blessings flow!!